ICoMST 2017 Short Paper Submission Guidelines
Call for Short Papers is Now Closed!
Short paper submission is now closed for the 63rd International Congress of Meat Science and Technology, which will be held in Cork, Ireland on 13th – 18th August 2017. Thank you to all who submitted. The review process is now underway and notifications will be sent in May 2017.
The submission process for ICoMST 2017 will be through an online submission portal. Submitters are requested to create an account and submit a short paper for review according to the guidelines set out on this page.
- Opening of submission: 30 November 2016 (CLOSED)
- Closing date for submission: 7 April 2017 (CLOSED)
- Notification of acceptance: 10 May 2017
- Deadline for early registration: 31 May 2017
- Conference dates: 13 – 18 August 2017
A short paper can be submitted for presentation at the conference as one of the following:
- Poster Presentation
- Oral or Poster Presentation
Short Paper Submissions
- Submissions cannot be longer than two pages and must adhere to the template formatting.
- The Scientific Committee may at its discretion move an accepted submission into another presentation category to ensure the continuity of the conference programme.
- Oral presentations will be 10 -12 minutes long with 3 minutes for Q&A.
- Posters must be A0 in size and in portrait orientation. Posters should be professionally printed. Posters should not be mounted on a rigid backing as they will be displayed on poster display boards
- Please note that all expenses for the design, printing etc. of the poster are the responsibility of the presenters
- Poster presenters will be expected to be available during the allocated Poster Session time on the conference programme
- An author may present a maximum of five short papers at ICoMST 2017.
- Accepted short papers may be designated as oral or poster presentations by the Scientific Committee.
Short papers must be submitted under one of the conference themes. The only language of the conference is English and all short papers must be submitted in that language.
1. Meat Sustainability & the Role of Meat Science
in a Challenging Global Environment
3. The Science of Meat Quality
4. Meat Science and Impact
5. Technological Demands in Meat Processing
– an Asian Perspective
6. International Best Practice in Animal Welfare
7. Scientific Advances Underpinning Meat Safety
8. Emerging Technologies in Meat Processing
9. Consumer Aspects
– Marketing & Perspectives
10. Meat Biochemistry
11. Advancements in Meat Packaging
12. Meat & Health – Sustaining Healthy
At the Congress prizes will be awarded in recognition of scientific and technological excellence among those engaged in research into red meat. There will be two prizes on offer this year the ICoMST Student Prize and the IMS Prize.
For further details on the ICoMST Student Prize please click here
For further details on the IMS Prize please click here
Submission Guidelines and Templates
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing a short paper for ICoMST 2017.
Submissions not formatted to the following standards will not be accepted.
The system will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the short paper (word limit is 20)
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster, Poster)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of lead and corresponding author
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Indicate the presenting author
- Select at least one keyword from the list provided which corresponds with your short paper
- Short papers can be a maximum of two pages.
- Only WORD files will be accepted.
How to submit a short paper
The presenting author must create an online account. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into the ICoMST 2017 submission and registration portals. You can then add your contact details and submit your short paper in the ‘Short Paper Submission’ section of the system.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission. Submitted short papers can be edited up until the submission deadline. Once the submission deadline has passed a draft submission cannot be submitted or a submitted short paper cannot be edited. If you require edits to be made please contact email@example.com
Please submit a short paper by Friday 7 April 2017, the extended submission deadline. Please follow the instructions carefully and choose an appropriate theme.
Please see the short paper template above provided to view the required formatting.
- Notification will be sent to authors in May 2017.
- When notified of acceptance, presenters are required to accept their offer by registering for the conference by 31st May 2017 or they shall be removed from the programme.
Terms and Conditions
- The short paper submitted must adhere to the short paper submission guidelines outlined above
- The text of the short paper along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of proceedings, and that this will not raise any copyright issues
- This short paper has only been submitted once for ICoMST 2017
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the short paper. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors
- The short paper submitted is in English
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference between the 13th – 18th August 2017
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once submitted successfully you will receive a confirmation email.